On the Saturday afternoon of this year’s STAND conference, Calvyn Jonker will be presenting a special seminar detailing a recent missions trip to Ethiopia, and what Christians in New Zealand can learn about God and His transforming work there.
Calvyn was able to a few questions about himself and what he’ll be sharing with us during his seminar.
1. Briefly share with us how you became a Christian.
After I was nearly killed in a horrific accident, which claimed the life of two others, one question kept coming back to me continuously – ‘Why am I still alive?” The answer was impressed on my heart (no angels or audible voices) – “My Grace is sufficient for you…” I knew what grace meant, having grown up in a Christian home… The Lord finally drew me to Himself shortly afterwards at a Scripture Union camp – and saved me.
2. Why do you think what you’re sharing is an important topic?
3. What do you hope will be filling peoples hearts and minds as they walk away from your presentation?
4. How did the missions trip affect your life?
5. Why are you looking forward to this year’s conference?
Note: Due to space limitations, we’re not able to take any more registrations for this year’s conference – sorry! Please follow us on Facebook for the latest updates about the conference, and check back on this website where we will make available recordings from all sessions and seminars (Lord willing!).