Thabiti Anyabwile is Assistant Pastor for church planting at Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington, DC. He was previously Senior Pastor of First Baptist Church of Grand Cayman in the Grand Cayman Islands, and served as an elder at Church on the Rock (Raleigh, NC).
Thabiti has a strong professional and academic background in community psychology, with special interests in the history and development of the African American church and reaching out to Muslim peoples. He holds B.A. and M.S. degrees in psychology from North Carolina State University.
A former high school basketball coach and bookstore owner, Thabiti enjoys preaching, reading, sports, and watching sci-fi films. He and his wife, Kristie, have three children.
From Stand Conference:
- Thabiti Anyabwile – Receive the Word (1 Jn. 1:1-4)
- Thabiti Anyabwile – Walk in the Light (1 Jn. 1:5-2:2)
- Thabiti Anyabwile – Love God (1 Jn. 2:15-17)
- Thabiti Anyabwile – Purify Yourself With Hope (1 Jn. 2:28-3:3)
- Thabiti Anyabwile – Keep From Idols (1 Jn. 5:13-21)
Learn more about Thabiti: